Monday, May 2, 2011

East Commons and beyond

By now tens of people may have read my post and are awaiting my next installment.  Well tens may be an exaggeration.  Anyway here is how it all went down. 

East commons xp was SLOW.  I did manage to get a couple plat together for an obsidian ring and some sta earrings.  I also decked myself out in cured silk (pimpin).  Once i hit level 7 i set off on foot for the faraway exotic lands of the Innothule Swamp.  There I bounced in and out of the Upper Guk dungeon trying to score some magic gloves.  After many trains into and out of the dungeon i finally got a pair of woven gloves and headed back to Freeport.  I did a few turn ins for my monk sash quests and went online to look for a ZEM chart for old world zones

For those that are not aware a ZEM chart is a Zone Experience Modifier chart.  For example the East Commons (Commonlands) has a ZEM of 75%.  That means if you kill a white (even) conning mob you will get 75% of the xp that the mob can give, basically it is a 25% xp penalty.  Now, dungeons like Befallen and Guk have modifiers of 130- 160%, basically a 30 - 60% bonus to xp earned.

On the progression server there is a hard coded limit of 2% per kill (so I understand)that you can recieve per mob. Killing mobs with a positive modifier of 30-60% you can almost garuntee at lower levels of getting 2% per kill, while in the commonlands the -25% modifier will ensure your xp bar doesnt even move when you kill the same level mob as in the dungeon.  Needless to say I continued to train my way into and out of Guk and Befallen until level 13 or so.  This is the point I parked myself in South Ro and put up my lfg flag. That story will wait till my next post. 

Just for the sake of clarity, I am posting these about a week behind where I really am in game.

ZEM chart (outdated but gives a good idea)  Thanks Graffe's

No comments:

Post a Comment