Monday, May 2, 2011

South Ro Cruzin'

  My South Ro adventure starts thusly.  I know that a croc group is my level and that as a monk that is not twinked I can solo blue caimans all day long, so I would go there and try it out.  Read: I could no longer kill two mobs in a row in Befallen or Guk without dying or having to train out.
  After all that time in the dungeons I desperately needed a tan so I used up my cash to buy a Wu Shirt and discarded my cured silk robe.  For those of you who have never played a monk from back in the day the Wu armor is basically the monk equivalent to bards lambent or warrior crafted for the original EQ.  The Wu shirt is the chest strap look that faded after the Velious expansion.
   I have mixed emotions about the chest strap look due to the fact that there are so many monks runnin around with their nipples hangin out at the moment.  That slightly disturbing image is offset by the fact that I hate running around in the same old same old leather tunic that is omnipresent in later expansions for monks.  Plus the female characters don’t have the same issue with nipples and Wu shirts so it leads one to believe Wu may have been hitting for the other team.
  The chest strap look does however convey the clear tactical advantage of humans over iksars.  The belly button.  The belly button is THE reason, I believe, for the human monk to have a one better delay over their scaly button less brethren.  The button of the belly allows for greater stretching of the abdomen and less weight overall which results in faster punching. 
  Ok, back to the topic at hand.  So there I was, on the shore of South Ro covered in cocoa butter flexing my abs and letting the lady orcs gawk at my button when all of a sudden, something  hit me over the head.  Slightly pissed at this point I looked around to figure out what had interrupted my slightly misguided, but totally working, flirting session to see a dark elf named Dexter at my feet.  Dexter was looking at me expectantly so I waved.  Dexter probably rolled his eyes at this point and said “are you gonna hit follow or not.” OM……..G!  it was a group invite!  I had heard about these of course but discounted them as a myth, kinda like Raster, they probably existed but I sure as hell never seen one and momma rownin didn’t raise no fool.  I decided to humor him and suddenly I had buffs flying all over me and I got a heal.  OMG!  Groups were real, and monks could join them.  The next 2 hours were a blur of croc genocide.  I went all the way to level 16 in that time.  I got yelled at for overpulling but no one died and I just told him to sit down strap in and med up …I got this.  `      
In my next post I will go over how tan I got and how I let the orc ladies down easy as I rode away into the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment